Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Doctor Visits and Back to Work

Today was my first day back, with children. Yesterday, I was able to warm-up to the idea of being back with a day of staff development...YUCK! It was much harder today when I dropped Madelyn off at the babysitter, but once my day got going I didn't have two seconds to think about it. It was confirmed today how thankful I am for my substitutes I had. They were awesome at establishing a well managed classroom and left me with very few kinks to work out.

I took Madelyn in for her two month check-up on Friday and she is growing steadily. She is 9lbs 10oz., and 5 shots later and tears all around we survived the visit. I also had Jackson with me. He woke up Thursday evening with a 103 fever and saying his throat hurt. I quickly narrowed it down to strep, as those are the usual symptoms for him. The Dr. confirmed my diagnosis, after having 2 people to hold down Jackson for the throat culture. Poor little man! I can't stand to have that done either. Some good old antibiotics were prescribed and Jackson was raring' to go in no time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness-- I hope Jack is all better now. Glad your first day back went pretty smoothly.