Thursday, October 9, 2008

3 More Days

I am writing this with a combination of sadness and excitement. I have three more days to stay home with sweet Madelyn before going back to work. I went in to school today to prepare and get ready for next week. I feel that my substitutes (yes, I have had two different subs) have done a nice job of beginning my school year.



I have tried to do all the things a stay-at-home-mom would do before heading back to work. Last week, I went to have lunch with Jackson at school. Yesterday, I went with Jackson on his pumpkin patch field trip. I enjoy being on the parent side of it much more than the teacher corralling children all day. I spend time with Jackson right when he gets home from school to share a snack with him and then help him with his homework. My wish is to find, one day, that perfect teaching job that will allow me to teach in the morning and then be home in the afternoon.
I have a busy weekend ahead of me to get all of my materials prepared for my first week back to school. I would hate nothing more than showing up like a chicken with its head missing on Monday!! Here is a picture of "serious Madelyn."


2 comments:

noni said...

We'll be thinking about you tomorrow as you go back to work. I'm sure it will be a day of many emotions.
Josh sat down next to me while looking at this and saw Madelyn's picture and said, Who's that? I told him Madelyn and he couldn't believe it and asked how old she was, I said over 2 months and he looked up at her birth announcement picture and said, What? Didn't she just have her?! Time does fly.
She's a cutie and holding her head up so well.
Love, Aunt Sherry

Monica said...

Wondering how your first day back was? I am sure it wasn't easy leaving your sweet little girl!!!