Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Surviving!

What a whirlwind the last few weeks have been. My first week back to school left me completely beat and dog tired. The chidlren were great, but Mrs. Callaway wants everything to be perfect and probably overdid it...just a tad! Then came week 2 (last week) and that is a whole different story.
Thursday afternnon I was visiting with my teammates during planning time and had a slight discomfort in my right side. No big deal, I kept on with what I was doing. As I went to pick up the children from Specials, it proceeded to worsen. By the time I was back to my room I could barely hold myself up. I hobbled down to the nurse and collapsed on her bed in EXCRUCIATING pain! I have never felt pain like this, not even during child birth! To make a long story short I was taken by ambulance to the hospital, given A LOT of morphine, and then had my appendix out around midnight. What a champ Bobby was at arranging pick-up of the Jackson and Madelyn, and managing to help me stay calm at the same time. I had some wonderful friends waiting with me in the ER while Bobby got the children and settled them in with Mimi at our house. I am doing much better, but I am sad that I was not at my peak to enjoy Halloween with Jackson.
Bobby took Jackson and Madelyn out to trick-or-treat around our neighborhood. I don't think he as even eaten a single piece of candy...he is happy to sit there and count them. That is fine by me. I really can do without all the cavities that come with candy! I will try to post a couple pics from Halloween this weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LORI!! Oh no! Bless your heart...you have been through the wringer. I'll be calling you ASAP to check on you.

GPaty said...

I am so sorry that you went through all of that! I have heard that appendicitis is so painful! I hope you are back to 100% very soon! Love you sweetie!

Monica said...

Oh Lori I knew as soon as you mentioned the pain in your side what was coming next. Pregnancy is so hard on the body and that is the perfect example. Not sure why it affects the apendix, but for some reason it does. Glad that is all behind you. Good news, if you have anymore children you won't have that complication to deal with later. : ) Hope you get back to normal soon. Take care of yourself!!