Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day...really?

I am not sure if I am annoyed by the weather people or the people who decided we did not have school today. Last night the highly-qualified weather man said to brace ourselves for the "worst ice storm in years." I was prepared to not have school, but not hoping for it. I got up at the usual time and got ready. Before I went to get Madelyn I stepped outside, and it was just wet, so I didn't even think it would be possible for school to be cancelled. My phone rang as I was coming down at 6:15, and it was the person ahead of me on the calling tree, calling to let me know school was cancelled. Great, no school! But, where is the ice? It is now 4:00 and there is still NO ICE!!!
I have enjoyed staying home and playing with Madelyn and getting to pick Jackson up from school. We even have his homework completed!






No comments: