Every time birthday's roll around I begin to have the "worst mom ever" feeling. Neither Bobby nor I grew up having big birthday blowouts, so I just haven't been inspired, motivated, eager, etc to plan a big party for Jackson. Don't get me wrong, he does get a cake, presents, and a celebration of sorts, just not the big shabang. And, there are always these words my mom had said many years ago that linger in the back of my head..."if you do things big when your children are young, you will always have to do it bigger, and bigger each year..." So, with that said, our children will have a rockin' party when they turn....18! The other reason or excuse is that Jackson's birthday is on the 3rd of July. This is typically when many families are out of town or with their families for the 4th of July.
This year we started out inviting some friends over, and then various reasons occurred and some could not come. The Star Wars party that was planned, was changed to a simple Slip and Slide party. We did have a Star Wars cake and some Yoda Soda to go with it! All in all children of all ages enjoyed their time!
After the other children went home...like I said, children of all ages!
Happy 6th Birthday, Jackson!
Then, on Saturday, we celebrated America's birthday at the lake. It was kind of an impromptu decision, but I'm happy we decided to do it. We drove out to Bobby's aunt and uncles house on Bridgeport Lake. It was by far a very HOT day, so we all came home sweaty, stinky, and tired! We always enjoy spending time out there, and wish we could see the family more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment